Avoid Google - Ask Your Doula!
Your Doula can help keep you and your partner informed through each milestone of your pregnancy and postpartum journey. Your Doula can also help you find evidence-based information about different options in pregnancy, childbirth, and postpartum. A Doula is an unbiased resource. NEVER a source.
Your Emotions and Fears Deserve Attention!
Your Doula is a continuous comforting presence offering reassurance and encouragement, showing a caring and empathetic attitude, and helping you and your partner work through fears and self-doubt about pregnancy, birth and postpartum care. Debriefing after birth is another way a Doula can support you emotionally.
Facilitating The Birth of Your Dreams!
• Massage/counter pressure
• Position changes and suggestions for optimal labor progression
• Create a calming environment Water Therapy (bath, shower, aromatherapy)
•Sibling support from CPR certified childcare provider
(Precious Little People Childcare)
• Hydrating and feeding the birthing person
• Hands-on infant feeding support
Anything you need to feel physically comfortable during your birth, a Doula can assist you with!
Easing your transition home!
• Light Housework
• Newborn care while parents rest
• Assistance with feeding
• Meal Preparation and Planning
• Baby-wearing assistance
• Sibling support
• Newborn care education
• Feeding/changing station stock up
Anything you need to help the transition home and into new parenthood easier, a postpartum Doula can assist you with..